With the twenty ninth pick in the 2008 SBNation NBA Draft, the Detroit Pistons, represented by Detroit Bad Boys, select ...
DeVon Hardin, Center, University of California. 6-11, 250 lbs.
I had my eyes on Bill Walker, the long-awaited answer to the backup small forward spot, but fortunately there are still some viable big men on the board. Alexis Ajica is intriguing, but the Pistons already have a rail-thin project center in Cheikh Samb. DJ White looks NBA-ready, but he's awfully similar to Jason Maxiell. What the Pistons don't have, though, is a legitimate backup center. DeVon Hardin can be that player.
Hardin was inconsistent at best in college, but despite staying all four years he's still only 21 years old. Under the guidance of assistant coach Dave Cowens and teammates Rasheed Wallace and Antonio McDyess, there's plenty of reason to think that his overall game can catch up to his athleticism. At worst, he still has size, which is worth taking a gamble on this late in the draft.
The Boston Celtics, represented by Green Bandwagon, are on the clock.
The 2008 SB Nation Mock Draft so far:
1. Chicago Bulls- Blog-A-Bull: Derrick Rose
2. Miami Heat- Peninsula is Mightier: Michael Beasley
3. Minnesota Timberwolves- Canis Hoopus: OJ Mayo
4. Seattle Supersonics- Ridiculous Upside: Eric Gordon
5. Memphis Grizzlies- 3 Shades of Blue: Kevin Love
6. New York Knicks- Posting and Toasting: Russell Westbrook
7. Los Angeles Clippers- Clips Nation: Jerryd Bayless
8. Milwaukee Bucks- BrewHoop: Anthony Randolph
9. Charlotte Bobcats- Queen City Hoops: Joe Alexander
10. New Jersey Nets-Nets Daily: Brook Lopez
11. Indiana Pacers-Indy Cornrows: DJ Augustin
12. Sacramento Kings- Sactown Royalty: Marreese Speights
13. Portland Trailblazers-Blazers Edge: Brandon Rush
14. Golden State Warriors- Golden State of Mind: DeAndre Jordan
15. Phoenix Suns- Bright Side of the Sun: Danilo Gallinari
16. Philadelphia 76ers- Ridiculous Upside: Darrell Arthur
17. Toronto Raptors- The Dinosty: Chris Douglas Roberts
18. Washington Wizards- Bullets Forever: Roy Hibbert
19. Cleveland Cavaliers- Waiting For Next Year: Courtney Lee
20. Denver Nuggets- PickAxe and Roll: Mario Chalmers
21. New Jersey Nets- Nets Daily: Donte Green
22. Orlando Magic- Third Quarter Collapse: Kosta Koufos
23. Utah Jazz- SLC Dunk: Jason Thompson
24. Seattle Supersonics- Ridiculous Upside: Robin Lopez
25. Houston Rockets- The Dream Shake: Nicolas Batum
26. San Antonio Spurs- Ridiculous Upside: JaVale McGee
27. New Orleans Hornets- At The Hive: Ryan Anderson
28. Memphis Grizzlies- 3 Shades of Blue: Bill Walker
29. Detroit Pistons- Detroit Bad Boys: DeVon Hardin