Ladies and gentlemen,
I had planned to start my coverage of the showcase this morning. Unfortunately, there was a delay on the first game (clock malfunctions?), then I got busy at work.
The good news is, I hope to get updates up throughout the day the rest of the week.
Here are some bullets from the first day:
- Jermareo Davidson was called up to Golden State, before the Showcase started. Jermareo was the 37th leading scorer in the D-League. He was averaging 12 points and 10 boards, shooting 43% from the field over his past 5 games. I am a little disappointed that Nelly didn't take a flyer on Courtney Sims, who has taken the top spot on the "What In The Heck, Call Him Up, Gatorade Style" (WITHCHUGS) list. Isn't Jermareo really just a less polished Brandan Wright?
- James Mays, 2nd overall pick in the D-League, is out for the season with a torn ACL.
- Sioux Falls is struggling mightily without Chris "The Neck" Alexander
- My 3rd favorite D-League assistant, Tony Fritz, got T'd up
- Albuquerque was up 20 going into the 4th
- Will Conroy and Keith McLeod both played all 48 minutes, combining for50 points and ten TO's. This team HAS to lead the league in TO's
- 14ers were without Cheikh Samb and James Mays; Samb due to trade and Mays due to injury.
- I miss the Big Yawn
- Colorado's bench shot 6-for-31
- Marcus Williams should get called-up soon... today he had 22 points, 10 boards
- Sean Williams is a beast, but he fouled out in 27 minutes. Before that, he had 10 points, 8 boards, and 3 blocks
- Andre Brown had a bad showing, scoring 8 points, 7 boards, 7 turnovers, and 5 fouls.
- Josh Davis is a workhorse... had 17 points, 12 boards, and 4 steals.. Love his game
- Bakersfield put together an 11-0 run toward the end of the 4th quarter to pull ahead for good, consisting of Trey Johnson and Nick Lewis
- Speaking of Lewis, he had a career day... 17 points and 15 boards
- Trey Johnson had 34 points and seven assists
- Jeff Trepagnier did not start this out very well, 1-for-9
- Joe Crawford had a solid 16 points, 9 rebounds, though he also committed an offensive foul in the last minute of play to foul out
- Bakersfield had 3 points off the bench
- Jay Humphries has Reno on a winning streak for the first time this season (3-12 overall)
- Antonio Meeking had 27 points and 15 rebounds... probably selfishly, but good numbers
- Damone Brown had 4 points on 1-for-7 shooting. Ouch..
- Pat Ewing Jr had 16 points and 8 boards off the bench
- Joey Dorsey did what I expect out of him.. 12 points, 8 boards, 5 blocks
- Smush Parker had 7 points, 8 turnovers... Not a good start to the showcase
- Jared Jordan = Don't Believe The Hype