- Kevin McHale is hoping for an injury exemption to be able to sign a D-Leaguer...
McHale said he will ask the league if there's an exemption for season-ending injuries that would allow them to sign a NBA Development League player even though they have a full but battered 15-man roster. "There are a couple guys in the D League we like," said McHale, whose team also could waive veteran Calvin Booth (two months left on an expiring $1.1 million contract) and sign a player.
- The Cavs assigned second round pick Darnell Jackson to Erie, but only for one game, before he was brought back up tonight. In Jackson's lone D-League game, he scored 24 points, had six boards, shot 10-for-14 from the field and picked up a technical foul in less than 27 minutes of play. The technical interests/worries me.
- Sounds like the Cavs might be keeping Trey Johnson around for awhile. When talking about who might take Sasha Pavlovic's spot in the lineup, Cavs coach Mike Brown said:
Trey Johnson, signed from the NBA D-League last week, isn't an option right now. ''I'm just getting used to him and he's just getting used to us. In a tight game in the rotation that's a tough thing to pull the trigger and say 'Trey, go out there and get in the mix,' ''Brown said.
- Ramon Sessions is lighting up the NBA like he lit up the D-League (then NBA) last season.
- Former Illinois center Shaun Pruitt was released by his team in the Czech Republic, even though he was the league's leading scorer and rebounder. Wonder if he'll turn up in the D-League soon?
- Former Timberwolf Bracey Wright was signed by Aris BSA, a team in Greece.
- RU favorite Elton Brown was signed by Brose Baskets Bamberg in Germany
- Cory Underwood, who recently left the Albuquerque Thunderbirds and was on the Nets camp roster, has signed with the DongGuan New Century Leopards in China.
- Brian Chase replaced Jannero Pargo with Dynamo Moscow, who left to play with Euroleague club that would pay him the same, but also give him a 500 euro bonus if they win the "Triple Crown of Basketball"..