Welcome to Ridiculous Upside. My name is Scott and I'm your usual host. Jon L has been contributing quite frequently, and ocassionally we still hear from a few others. Still, I feel like we don't really know each other, mostly because it's usually us doing all the talking, and usually to the four or five regulars we have here.
I've done this post before, not long ago, but today, I was looking at the numbers. By Tuesday, we will have surpassed 7,500 unique visits in five days this month. Since we were born nearly one year ago (May 14th, 2008), that's more visits than we've had in 1/3 of the months. There are tens of
thousands hundreds of you who read this site every day and don't say a word. I don't know where everyone is coming from, but yesterday, there were 1,436 unique visits, and there were four days that we had more than you here this week. Regardless, we had just 3 comments.
What am I going to do about it? I'm taking a stand! No more lurking. I am calling you out. It is time to stop being a wallflower and start talking to the pretty girl/boy across the room. Believe me, I'm pretty.
This site feels like there's a group of people in the middle of a bar (by group, I mean 8ish) talking away and hiding in the shadows are 50 times as many other pairs of eyes just watching quietly ... It's kind of creepy.
Here's the challenge:
- Start contributing!
- If you are a lurker (i.e. a reader who's never posted a comment), sometime in the next 24 hours post your first comment.
- You don't have to say much if you're shy.
- If you aren't sure what to say, try this: "I heart ____" and fill in your favorite NBA prospect, breakfast cereal, D-League team, player, etc. It's up to you.
- You don't even have to explain your choice (unless you heart Alton Ford, Antonio Meeking, or Jasper Johnson, in which case you had better explain yourself)
- Or if that's too much, try this: "Hi, I am a lurker"
- Just so we know you are here.
- Comment anywhere. In this story. On the mock draft. Wherever.
The challenge starts now. I want to hear from you people. Sign up and comment - start fan posting your own mock draft, fan shotting pictures of Mateen Cleaves at the 7-11, take advantage of the loveliness that is SB Nation. Don't just sign up here at RidiculousUpside. We've got plenty of other great blogs here, including Bright Side of the Sun, a Phoenix Suns blog that I stole this from, Welcome To Loud City, if you're into sweet graphics and the OKC Thunder, Rufus On Fire, if Bobcats are your thing, and even Golden State of Mind, because, well, they believe (or used to anyway).
P.S. To get to know me better, follow me on Twitter @RidiculousScott. There, you will find my wonderful 140 character thoughts on life, such as this recent beauty I twittered to Jon L: With research, I've found the best bloggers wear glasses. In fact, doughbellied, glasses-wearin D-League bloggers get chicks. lots.