A late broadcast tonight, as you can see, just barrrrrrely being broadcast tonight at 11:59 Eastern (10:59 Central, of course). Except that the Versus.com schedule says that it's on at the usual time of 11 pm Eastern. So who knows. Perhaps Dan Reed expects "Hunt for Big Fish w/ L.D." to run long. I don't know why they have to hunt for it, it's right there on Netflix.
Anyway, there's unlikely to be a live blog tonight as I will be out of the house (shocking, I know) and Scott is...otherwise indisposed. Take care, buddy. Anyway, this is your preview, and feel free to drop any comments in the designated comment section if you're watching the game.
- Another Versus game, another second night of a back-to-back. At this point I'm pretty sure they're doing it on purpose, but I have no idea why.
- Nate Jawai finishes up his D-League assignment tonight. I don't know if he'll be starting, but let's just say that I'm sure his preference is to start. Be sure to watch and see how it goes.
- The more I think about it the more I don't get this assignment from the Timberwolves' perspective. Okay, he didn't play for almost a month, then played in two games and surprise surprise, he wasn't in game shape (this has happened before). So you want him to get some conditioning in. If Minnesota is that worried about it, though, why only two games? Sioux Falls doesn't play for another week, I suppose, but two games isn't usually enough to improve one's conditioning. And it's not as if sitting for the entire overtime period because the D-League guy is a better defender is going to do wonders for Jawai's confidence or his attitude. But hey, the Timberwolves usually know what they're doing, right?
- Who else...Reggie Williams is playing, and he's really good. Of course, the last time he played on Versus on a back-to-back he was exhausted and didn't play that well, but he has a little more help this time around.
- Random prediction: Romel Beck is going to get a bunch of assists. I don't know why, I just feel it. He's also really good.
- Also also good: Alexander Johnson, who has strong double-doubles in five of his eight D-League games so far and is averaging 20 points and 11 rebounds per game.
- Second random prediction: Raymond Sykes is going to dunk on Connor Atchley at some point. Okay, maybe that one's not so random.