Magnum Rolle, owner of one of the best names in all of basketball, has been signed by the Atlanta Hawks. Rolle, the 51st overall pick by Oklahoma City, was traded to the Pacers on draft day. He was cut by Indiana and eventually made his way to the D-League's Maine Red Claws, where he averaged 14.1 points and 5.1 rebounds in 15 games.
Magnum's an interesting player, and should at least be as productive as the Hawks current crop of backup bigs is, with the exception of Zaza Pachulia. He will wear #25 for the Hawks.
Here are some interesting facts about him.
- He was born in Freeport, Bahamas, and was the first Grand Bahamian to be selected in the NBA draft
- He was named after Magnum, P.I
- He is a distant cousin of former NFL'er Samari Rolle
- He was originally not interested in basketball, and only attended practices due to the free food
- He was a high school teammate of fellow Intriguing Shot Blocker Chris Johnson
Magnum Rolle is the Most Interesting Man on the Hawks' bench.