I've gotta be honest, I think you know,
I'm covered in lies and that's okay the NBA lockout is really cramping my style when it comes to keeping Ridiculous Upside relevant. Next week, this whole website might just be slideshows related to the dominance of Jack Michael Martinez in the FIBA Americas tournament.
Anyway, just like Monday, Friday's are now also going to be short blurbs on things I've picked up throughout the week in lieu of any sort of in-depth story.
First up, though, I present the newest commercial featuring the Fort Wayne Mad Ant and the UC-Irvine Anteater.
Other things I've heard or read this week:
- Rumor has it the D-League Showcase will be in Reno from January 9-12.
- Speaking of Reno, the team got new owners.
- I miss Matthew Brennan.
- Jared Ralsky, a former employee of both the San Antonio Spurs and Austin Toros, now works in the front office of Italian team Fabi Shoes. I'm told that he is the first American in the front office of a Serie A team.
- Coach Darvin Ham has a new website devoted to his foundation called Urban Youth Development.
- Coach Eric Musselman, now with the Los Angeles D-Fenders, is doing a great job with the Venezuelan National Team down at the FIBA Americas tournament. Former Bakersfield Jam head coach Scott Roth is also down there as an assistant for the Candian National Team.
- Here's a good story on former D-League head coach Bryan Gates' triplets.
- Maine Red Claws GM Jon Jennings has blocked me from seeing his tweets about Michelle Bachman and Elvis.