In the words of Inigo Montoya... "Let me 'splain. No. It would take too long. Let me sum up."
It's Draft Day.
The Blazers have traded with New Orleans for the #27 pick. The price? Just cash. Speculation is rampant that the Blazers are trying to trade up, with DJ Augustin the most popular target.
The Bobcats traded a future first rounder to the Nuggets for the 20th pick. Which essentially means the Bobcats can take the best available guard and get a competent big man, or take the best available big and go after one of the Kansas guards at 20.
And oh, yeah, the Pacers now have the 17th pick, too, and a glaring hole at the Power Forward position.
We're running the longest liveblog tonight. We're starting at 5PM EST and taking you all the way through. Giddyup.
Here's my personal lottery pick mock draft, as always, projecting what teams SHOULD do. This version? Short and sweet. Five words or less edition.
1. Chicago Bulls- Derrick Rose: Okay, you've convinced me, BlogABull
2. Miami Heat- Michael Beasley: Trade or no trade, Beasley.
3. Minnesota Timberwolves- OJ Mayo: Big Al and Big Ego.
4. Seattle/OKC Sonics- Jerryd Bayless: Give Durant a running mate.
5. Memphis Grizzlies- Kevin Love: The Bobcats say "Thanks, Lord!"
6. New York Knicks- Joe Alexander: If you reach, reach hard.
7. Los Angeles Clippers- Russell Westbrook: Livingston insurance is certainly wise.
8. Milwaukee Bucks- Eric Gordon: Say Goodbye, Mr. Michael Redd.
9. Charlotte Bobcats- Anthony Randolph: Sometimes you have to gamble.
10. New Jersey Nets- Brook Lopez: Trade this pick and fast.
11. Indiana Pacers- Danilo Gallinari: Point guard no longer priority.
12. Sacramento Kings- Brandon Rush: With both points gone, surrender?
13. Portland Trailblazers- Mario Chalmers: Reach for fun, wooo hoo
14. Golden State Warriors-Kosta Koufos : Defense! Defense!
Here's my mock