Before I get to the recaps that I've been doing all week (even though the only thing getting hits is my post on Smush Parker getting fat), I'd like to unveil my All-Star picks since it sounds like the official picks will be released sometime soon.
|Mustafa Shakur, Rio Grande Valley Vipers*
|Curtis Stinson, Iowa Energy
|Trey Johnson, Bakersfield Jam*
|Othyus Jeffers, Iowa Energy
|Shane Edwards, New Mexico Thunderbirds
|DeShawn Sims, Maine Red Claws
|Jeff Adrien, Rio Grande Valley Vipers
|Ivan Johnson, Erie BayHawks
|Marcus Cousin, Austin Toros
|Courtney Sims, Iowa Energy
|Marcus Landry, Reno Bighorns
|Nate Linhart, Erie BayHawks
* = currently in the NBA
Honestly, I think it might be difficult to actually fill a 20-man roster with guys that have actually had standout seasons in the D-League (that are also eligible).
Other players I considered for the West team were:
- Texas Legends' Sean Williams, Joe Alexander, Justin Dentmon and Antonio Daniels
- Tulsa's Zabian Dowdell (on a call-up with Phoenix), Latavious Williams, Larry Owens (on a call-up with the Spurs) and Cole Aldrich (recently brought back to the Thunder)
- Utah's Orien Greene (on a call-up with the Nets)
- and RGV's Jerel McNeal
For the East, options I left off were:
- Erie's Christian Eyenga (recalled to Cleveland) and Garrett Temple (on a call-up with the Bucks)
- Maine's Tiny Gallon, Mario West and Jamar Smith
- Fort Wayne's Marvin Phillips and Walker Russell Jr.
- Dakota's Chris Johnson (with the Blazers) and Renaldo Major
- Springfield Armor guards Scottie Reynolds and JamesOn Curry
- Iowa's Chris Lofton and Marqus Blakely
- Sioux Falls' Dexter Pittman (on assignment from the Heat) and Patrick Ewing Jr.
That's 27 players currently available for 20 spots. If I'm not being too strict, seems like the odds are pretty good for players that deserve to be in Los Angeles will be named to the All-Star team when it's announced.