NBA Mock Draft Pick #30 -- Delon Wright, Guard, University of Utah
The Lakers and Warriors have completed a trade for the 30th overall pick.
SB Nation's Warriors blog, Golden State of Mind, explains the trade:
After trying to capitalize on a surprisingly effective Finals performance and unload David Lee's expiring contract in order to make more room for Draymond Green, the Warriors have decided to trade their pick to the LA Lakers for #34 and a 2017 second rounder.
Not much explanation necessary probably: most of the guys we wanted to pick coming in will still be available at 34 and it gives us a (very) little more cap flexibility this offseason...
SB Nation's Lakers blog, Silver Screen and Roll, explains the pick:
With the final pick of the first round of the 2015 NBA Draft, the Lakers select Delon Wright out of Utah.
The Lakers want to start filling out the roster with young talent now to accelerate their rebuilding efforts, and Delon Wright fills out a big need for the Lakers at point guard. Mitch Kupchak already found a gem in Jordan Clarkson last draft, but there's no depth behind him. Wright has the potential to be a great defensive point guard and has good playmaking ability to boot. Developing him alongside Clarkson should make for a competitive situation that pushes both players. The Lakers were shocked that he was still available this late in the draft but didn't want to risk watching him drafted one or two spots ahead of their final pick of the draft.
Giving up what might be the Lakers' only pick in 2017 stings, but only a little. With Randle, Okafor, Clarkson, Wright and Vaughn Los Angeles has a lot of young talent to work with as the rebuild powers ahead, and a lot of cap space to fill in the blanks over the next few seasons.
1) Minnesota Timberwolves: KARL-ANTHONY TOWNS
2) Los Angeles Lakers: JAHLIL OKAFOR
3) Phoenix Suns (via Philadelphia 76ers): D'ANGELO RUSSELL
4) New York Knicks: JUSTISE WINSLOW
5) Orlando Magic: WILLIE CAULEY-STEIN
6) Philadelphia 76ers (via Sacramento Kings): MARIO HEZONJA
7) Denver Nuggets: EMMANUEL MUDIAY
8) Boston Celtics (via Detroit Pistons): KRISTAPS PRIZINGIS
9) Utah Jazz (via Charlotte Hornets): MYLES TURNER
10) Philadelphia 76ers (via Miami Heat): STANLEY JOHNSON
11) Indiana Pacers: CAMERON PAYNE
12) Utah Jazz: DEVIN BOOKER
13) Miami Heat (from the 76ers via the Phoenix Suns): FRANK KAMINSKY
14) Oklahoma City Thunder: KELLY OUBRE
15) Atlanta Hawks: BOBBY PORTIS
16) Detroit Pistons (via Boston Celtics): JUSTIN ANDERSON
17) Phoenix Suns (via Milwaukee Bucks): MONTREZL HARRELL
18) Houston Rockets: JERIAN GRANT
19) Milwaukee Bucks (via Washington Wizards): KEVON LOONEY
20) Toronto Raptors: RONDAE HOLLIS-JEFFERSON
21) Dallas Mavericks: R.J. HUNTER
22) Utah Jazz (via Chicago Bulls): TREY LYLES
23) Portland Trail Blazers: ROBERT UPSHAW
24) Milwaukee Bucks (via Cleveland Cavaliers): TYUS JONES
25) Memphis Grizzlies SAM DEKKER
26) San Antonio Spurs: NIKOLA MILUTINOV
27) Los Angeles Lakers: RASHAD VAUGHN
28) Boston Celtics: CHRISTIAN WOOD
29) Chicago Bulls (via Brooklyn Nets): RAKEEM CHRISTMAS
30) Los Angeles Lakers (via Golden State Warriors): DELON WRIGHT