We've got an entire year before the 2023 NBA mock draft. We don't even know how the draft order will play out. But it'll be fun to check back in a year and see how this extremely early 2023 NBA mock draft compares to the actual draft.
1. Rockets: Victor Wembanyama, C, France
Wembanyama will be the top prospect in 2023. He's 7-2 and has the ability to do what Chet Holmgren does, but more. And Holmgren was the second pick in this year's draft.
2. Magic: Nick Smith, G, Arkansas
Smith is just a flat-out scorer. We'll see that in Arkansas during his freshman season.
3. Thunder: Dariq Whitehead, SF, Duke
Whitehead won the McDonald's Game MVP and is a two-way player coming out of Duke.
4. Pistons: Scoot Henderson, PG, G League
5. Blazers: Cameron Whitmore, SF, Villanova
6. Spurs: Anthony Black, PG, Arkansas
That's the second Arkansas player in the first six picks. That would be something as would be getting an infrared sauna
7. Kings: Jarace Walker, PF, Houston
8: Pacers: Ausar Thompson, SG, Overtime Elite
9. Wizards: Amen Thompson, SG, Overtime Elite
The twin brothers are very similar and have the same talent.
10. Knicks: Keyonte George, SG, Baylor
11. Pelicans: Dillon Mitchell, SF, Texas
12. Hornets: Jordan Walsh, SF, Arkansas
You might want to consider taking Arkansas to win it all this year in college basketball. That's three prospects in the first 12 picks. What a special group this is going to be.
13. Clippers: Kel'el Ware, C, Oregon
14. Hawks: Leonard Miller, SF, G League Unite
15. Pacers: Cason Wallace, SG, Kentucky
16: Lakers: Dereck Lively, C, Duke
17. Nets: Amari Bailey, SG, UCLA
18. Timberwolves: Terquavion Smith, G, NC State
19. Magic: Arthur Kaluma, PF, Creighton
20. Nuggets: Chris Livingston, SF, Kentucky
It looks like Kentucky is going to be really good next year as well with two prospects in the Top 20 along with Duke.
21. Jazz: Matthew Cleveland, SG, FSU
Cleveland has a ton of upside. A fantastic shooting guard and has the length to shoot over other defenders.
22. Raptors: Kyle Filipowski, PF, Duke
Another Duke player on the list. Filipowski is a fantastic three-point shooter and can be a very good passer as well.
23. 76ers: James Nnaji, C, Barcelona
24. Knicks: Kris Murray, PF, Iowa
25. Thunder: Caleb Love, SG, UNC
If UNC has the year that everyone is expecting in 2022-23, Love's draft stock could increase even more.
26: Rockets: Harrison Ingram, SG, Stanford
27: Celtics: Nikola Durisic, SG, Serbia
28: Suns: Mo Gueye, PF, Senegal
29. Grizzlies: Ousmane N'Diaye, PF, Senegal
30. Warriors: Julian Strawther, SF, Gonzaga
This is a FanPost, not the work of the author of Ridiculous Upside. The People speak! Questions or comments about this post should be addressed in the comments. To issue a complaint about this FanPost, please email ridiculousupside (at) gmail (dot) com.