With the sixth pick in the 2008 NBA SBNation Mock Draft, the New York Knicks, represented by Posting and Toasting, select...
Russell Westbrook, Point Guard, UCLA. 6-3, 187 lbs.
Posting and Toasting says:
I sat down to write this email thinking I was gonna take Jerryd Bayless, but I just can't. I'm damn sure that Bayless is going to be a bona fide NBA player, but I'm even more certain that Russell Westbrook is the guy for the Knicks. Everything I've heard from experts and UCLA junkies suggests that RW has the heart, the balls, and the lockdown defense that New Yorkers are so direly missing, not to mention basketboner-inducing athleticism and a developing jumper. I'm not positive that he's the best talent, but I really do believe that Russell Westbrook is the right fit for Mike D'Antoni and the New York Knicks.
Our draft is in recess for the night. We pick up tomorrow at 8AM. The Los Angeles Clippers, represented by Clips Nation, are on the clock.
The 2008 SB Nation Mock Draft so far:
1. Chicago Bulls- Blog-A-Bull: Derrick Rose
2. Miami Heat- Peninsula is Mightier: Michael Beasley
3. Minnesota Timberwolves- Canis Hoopus: OJ Mayo
4. Seattle Supersonics- Ridiculous Upside: Eric Gordon
5. Memphis Grizzlies- 3 Shades of Blue: Kevin Love
6. New York Knicks- Posting and Toasting: Russell Westbrook