Tonight's Versus game features Rio Grande Valley, who sport the second-best record in the league, and the Los Angeles D-Fenders, who sport the second-worst. Hmmm...well, I suppose there's a chance it could be a good game anyway. I'll be around and watching the game, so why not try and make this an open thread for anyone who wants to join me and comment.
- Rio Grande Valley's strength is its backcourt, with Will Conroy, Antonio Anderson and backup Jonathan Wallace. Conroy and Anderson both have gotten 10-day contracts, and both deserve call-ups before the season runs out.
- Los Angeles has...well, Forehan-Kelly, who has picked up his game in March to bring his season stats right in line with his career numbers. He's also shooting 48.5 percent from outside this year.
- There's also Michael Fey, who is talented (at least on the offensive end) but also maddeningly inconsistent.
- Dar Tucker has started to get consistent playing time, though his performance hasn't always followed. He had just eight points last night, so maybe he'll play really well tonight!
- That's right, once again Versus (or is it the D-League's doing?) gives us two teams playing on the second night of a back to back. Fun!
- RGV just signed Travis Holmes, who was drafted by the Utah Flash this year but then disappeared, as far as I know. Holmes played for VMI last season, finishing as the school's career steals leader. Could he follow Reggie Williams from VMI to the D-League to the NBA? Maybe! (But I doubt it, this year anyway.)
- If you're looking for even more reasons to watch the game, Matthew Brennan has you covered.