I'll be honest, I'm lazy on this weekend. You probably already knew this, but the fact that I'm posting a Saturday Morning Headlines post in the mid-afternoon probably should seal the deal.
Let's get down to business.
- First, but maybe not foremost since there were actual games played last night, Stanley Robinson, Joe Alexander, DeShawn Sims and Charles Garcia will all be joining the D-League by Tuesday afternoon.
- Mike Harris, Antonio Anderson and Garrett Temple are all thinking about playing for the Rio Grande Valley Vipers again this season. That might be too much firepower.
- The Springfield Armor are terrible again this year. Or the Erie BayHawks are way better than they were last year (which seems impossible without Mike Gansey). Go read about that game over at D-League Digest.
- Minnesota Timberwolves point guard Jonny Flynn could suit up for the Sioux Falls Skyforce soon. Seriously.
- The Iowa Energy beat the Dakota Wizards by 21-points last night. I was there until halftime before I decided I didn't want to throw up on anybody due to a random flu bug. So, since I didn't write the recap, read the venerable Lou Babiarz instead.
- The Maine Red Claws lost their home opener to the Austin Toros, but that didn't stop the Red Claws' beat writer of writing a decidedly non-gamer recap mostly about Tiny Gallon.
- The Bakersfield Jam surprisingly beat the Tulsa 66ers, who played without Latavious Williams and Jerome Dyson due to watch the box score called a coach's decision. Still, great win for the Jam that you can read about here.
- There are six more games to be played tonight. Read Matthew Brennan's weekend preview for who to watch.