With the seventeenth pick in the 2008 SBNation NBA Mock Draft, the Toronto Raptors, represented by The Dinosty , select...
Chris Douglas Roberts, Guard/Forward, Memphis University. 6-7, 200 lbs.
The Dinosty says:
As tempting as it is to keep things consistent and dip into the Euro pool once more with Nicolas Batum, we hate all things French: French Dressing, French Fries, and 19-year-old raw French prospects. Plus, we kinda have our hands full with a 21 year old raw Italian prospect at the moment.
So here we go, picking Detroit's own Chris Douglas-Roberts. Seeing as one of Anthony Parker or Carlos Delfino are going to be gone (and Joey Graham left last year, didn't he?), we're hoping our first hyphenate will evolve into the slashing, aggressive SG scorer we so desperately need. After racking up the numbers in college, adding a bit of bulk in the off-season, and impressing staff at his Raptor workout, there's a general consensus amongst the Raptorati that CDR will be the man in
purple black and red on draft night.
Plus, chicks dig him. And the more chicks that show up to Raptors games, the better it is for everyone involved (meaning us).
The Washington Wizards, represented by Bullets Forever, are on the clock.
The 2008 SB Nation Mock Draft so far:
1. Chicago Bulls- Blog-A-Bull: Derrick Rose
2. Miami Heat- Peninsula is Mightier: Michael Beasley
3. Minnesota Timberwolves- Canis Hoopus: OJ Mayo
4. Seattle Supersonics- Ridiculous Upside: Eric Gordon
5. Memphis Grizzlies- 3 Shades of Blue: Kevin Love
6. New York Knicks- Posting and Toasting: Russell Westbrook
7. Los Angeles Clippers- Clips Nation: Jerryd Bayless
8. Milwaukee Bucks- BrewHoop: Anthony Randolph
9. Charlotte Bobcats- Queen City Hoops: Joe Alexander
10. New Jersey Nets-Nets Daily: Brook Lopez
11. Indiana Pacers-Indy Cornrows: DJ Augustin
12. Sacramento Kings- Sactown Royalty: Marreese Speights
13. Portland Trailblazers-Blazers Edge: Brandon Rush
14. Golden State Warriors- Golden State of Mind: DeAndre Jordan
15. Phoenix Suns- Bright Side of the Sun: Danilo Gallinari
16. Philadelphia 76ers- Ridiculous Upside: Darrell Arthur
17. Toronto Raptors- The Dinosty: Chris Douglas Roberts