With the twenty fifth pick in the 2008 SBNation NBA Mock Draft, the Houston Rockets, represented by TThe Dream Shake, select ...
Nicolas Batum, Small Forward, 6-8, 215 lbs.
The Dream Shake says:
With the 25th selection in the 2008 NBA Draft, the Houston Rockets [by way of the Dream Shake] select [out of desperation and a lack of trading options] the french guy. No... the other french guy: Nicolas Batum, 6'8" SG/SF from France. Even though Lee and I desperately tried to avoid being stuck with Pip, the recent selections of Robin Lopez, Kosta Koufos, Donte Green and Roy Hibbert limited our options. We're still crushed that CDR was removed from the draft board eight picks ago - that guy would have been perfect for the Rockets! Meanwhile, based solely on the reporting of one Chad Ford - we'll take Batum, who at 6'8" does hopefully fill a hole the Rockets have had for about five years now... the athletic swingman who can create his own shot and create havoc for the defense. The Rockets have a solid, veteran team, but they lack athletes. So we're taking the best athlete still available. Mr. Ford had compared him to a younger T-Mac before, but since we don't really want or need a repeat of that, I'll settle for the French version of Paul Pierce. Hopefully Batum is that guy... and not the other french guy who's on the draft board. I'd hate to be wrong here.
The San Antonio Spurs are on the clock.
The 2008 SB Nation Mock Draft so far:
1. Chicago Bulls- Blog-A-Bull: Derrick Rose
2. Miami Heat- Peninsula is Mightier: Michael Beasley
3. Minnesota Timberwolves- Canis Hoopus: OJ Mayo
4. Seattle Supersonics- Ridiculous Upside: Eric Gordon
5. Memphis Grizzlies- 3 Shades of Blue: Kevin Love
6. New York Knicks- Posting and Toasting: Russell Westbrook
7. Los Angeles Clippers- Clips Nation: Jerryd Bayless
8. Milwaukee Bucks- BrewHoop: Anthony Randolph
9. Charlotte Bobcats- Queen City Hoops: Joe Alexander
10. New Jersey Nets-Nets Daily: Brook Lopez
11. Indiana Pacers-Indy Cornrows: DJ Augustin
12. Sacramento Kings- Sactown Royalty: Marreese Speights
13. Portland Trailblazers-Blazers Edge: Brandon Rush
14. Golden State Warriors- Golden State of Mind: DeAndre Jordan
15. Phoenix Suns- Bright Side of the Sun: Danilo Gallinari
16. Philadelphia 76ers- Ridiculous Upside: Darrell Arthur
17. Toronto Raptors- The Dinosty: Chris Douglas Roberts
18. Washington Wizards- Bullets Forever: Roy Hibbert
19. Cleveland Cavaliers- Waiting For Next Year: Courtney Lee
20. Denver Nuggets- PickAxe and Roll: Mario Chalmers
21. New Jersey Nets- Nets Daily: Donte Green
22. Orlando Magic- Third Quarter Collapse: Kosta Koufos
23. Utah Jazz- SLC Dunk: Jason Thompson
24. Seattle Supersonics- Ridiculous Upside: Robin Lopez
25. Houston Rockets- The Dream Shake: Nicolas Batum