With the sixth pick in the SBNation Mock Draft, the Minnesota Timberwolves, represented by Stop-n-Pop from Canis Hoopus, select... (Drum Roll please)
From Stop N Pop at Canis Hoopus: With the 6th pick in the 2009 NBA Draft the Minnesota Timberwolves select Stephen Curry. Forget Sebastian Telfair. Forget Randy Foye. Mr. Curry gives the Wolves a dominant on-the-ball guard who can run the pick-and-roll while providing a legitimate inside-out threat alongside of Big Al Jefferson.
For those Wolves fans who think of little Steph Curry as a diminutive cutesy story during the NCAA tourney 2 years ago, think again. When handed the point guard duties at Davidson, Curry increased his usage while giving up nearly nothing in terms of efficiency and turnovers while increasing his assist and all-around facilitation numbers. In a pick-and-roll league geared towards minimal contact on the perimeter; and with a dominant post scorer (Jefferson) and a budding mid-range monster (Love), Curry is the perfect pick for the Wolves in the 2009 Draft. Curry is the legitimate 2nd best player in this draft and the Wolves will be lucky to land him at #6.
Stephen Curry: PG/SG, Davidson. 6-3, 181 lbs.
On the clock: Golden State of Mind.
The 2009 SB Nation Mock Draft so far:
1. Los Angeles Clippers - Clips Nation: Blake Griffin
2. Memphis Grizzlies - 3 Shades of Blue: Ricky Rubio
3. Oklahoma City Thunder - Welcome to Loud City: James Harden
4. Sacramento Kings - Sactown Royalty: Tyreke Evans
5. Washington Wizards - Bullets Forever: Hasheem Thabeet
6. Minnesota Timberwolves - Canis Hoopus: Stephen Curry